Over the course of my journey into healthy products for my personal use and learning to make my own, I did research onto carrier oils and essential oils**. I choose the ones that would work best for the different skin types.
Here is some of the information that I found for a variety of sources:
- Apricot kernel oil (spf 2-6)*- it’s good for extra dry skin, calming and rejuvenating, for mild eczema and mature skin, contains beta-carotene in the for of vitamin A
- calming, rejuvenating
- Sweet almond Oil (spf 5)*- good for dry skin, nourishing, softening, rejuvenating. reduces fine lines. it’s rich in vitamin E, A, & B and oleic acid.
- nourishing, softening
- Coconut oil – (spf 2-8)*feeds and moisturizes the skin, won’t clog pores, has anti-aging properties
- Jojoba (spf 4)* – smoothing, moisturizing. it’s a liquid wax similar in composition to the skins natural oils. good for eczema, psoriasis.
- smoothing, moisturinzing
- Evening Primrose – replenishing, restoring, revitalizing. helps heal sore skin associated with eczema
- replenishing, restoring
- Borage oil – replenishing, renewing. calms, soothes. good for eczema
- replenishing, renewing
- Grape-Seed oil – silky, softening, smoothing, moisturizing. good for oily skin. light, thin consistency
- silky, softening
- Shea Butter (Vitellaria paradoxa)(spf about 3-6)*- moisturizing, low carmedogenic rating (won’t clog pores), , used as acne treatmen
- Hemp Seed oil (spf 6)*- rich in vitamin D. helps heal acne, eczema. anti-oxidant
- Aloe Vera calms and cools skin, heals skin affected by eczema, psoriasis, sunburn,
- cooling, soothing
- Vitamin E skin nutrient, antioxidant, for wrinkles, rough spots, brown spots
- Lavender – dry skin, sensitive skin, stretch ,marks, wrinkles, anti-inflammatory, regenerative, acne, minimizes scarring, eczema, psoriasis, rashes, sunburn
- soothing, calming, reassuring, a general sense of well-being
- oil of communication
- Geranium – dry skin, sensitive skin, wrinkles, bruises, anti-inflammatory, tonic, acne, improves blood flow, eczema, regenerate tissues and nerves, may balance sebum in skin, even out oily or combination skin, nourishes mature skin
- balancing, soft, nurturing, peace well-being and hope
- oil of love and trust
- Ylang Ylang – used for skin conditions, clarify greasy or combination skin
- sensual, soothing, exotic
- oil of the inner child
- Frankincense – scarring, warts, wrinkles, inflammation. aging, improve skin tone,
- rejuvenating, meditative, harmonizing
- the oil of truth
- Helicrysium – bruises, dermatitis, eczema, tissue repair, psoriasis, reduce scarring, regenerate tissue
- uplifting, calming, healing
- oil for pain (emotional)
- Lemongrass – tissue repair, improve circulation,
- zesty, fresh, invigorating
- the oil of cleansing
- folks with sensitive skin or allergies my want to avoid this oil.
- Pettigrain (orange leaf) – clear oily or combination skin, balance sensitive skin, nourishes combo/oily skin
- uplifting, refreshing, balancing
- oil of ancestry
- Cedarwood – acne, psoriasis, help reduce oily secretions
- expansive, grounding, supportive
- oil of community
- Juniper berry – acne, dermatitis, eczema, detoxifier and cleanser,
- purifying, invigorating, cleansing
- oil of the night
- Sandalwood – rashes, dry skin, astringent, regeneration, mature skin
- nurturing, warming, comforting
- oil of sacred devotion
- Rose Quartz – calming cooling energy, calmness and clarifying, peaceful calm, in elixir it stimulates the true life force = LOVE, helps release negative energy
- helps minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and redness
- reduces tension, promotes calmness which helps relax our facial muscles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Helping reduce wrinkles
- Evens out skin tone, giving the skin a natural glow
- Amethyst – de-toxifying, blanacing, de-stressing
- calming, oxygenating, reduces bruising, detoxifying
Where can you find Lovely Lotions?
- if you are local please contact me at MyGreenCauldron@gmail.com!!
- We’re open on Etsy!
- We are also at local craft shows and events, to keep up to date on the when and where please sign-up for our newsletter!
**The information gathered here is not a replacement for medical treatment. If you are under the care of a health care practitioner please contact them before changing any part of your treatment. This information is for educational purposes only. I am NOT a doctor or in the healthcare field.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.