1 cup quinoa, rinsed well and drained
1 3/4 cup water
sea salt, optional
1/2 cucumber, sliced and diced
3 scallions, chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (parsley may be substituted if mint is not available)
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring quinoa to a boil with water and salt.
- Cover, reduce flame to low. Cook 20-25 minutes.
- Spread cooked quinoa on large platter to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Combine salad ingredients and dressing,
refrigerate until chilled.